Track Schedule - TDB
Our first practice is Monday March 4th. Practices are from 3:15-4:45 every school day; there are no practices on conference or in-service days.
Dear AMS Track Families,
All 6th-8th graders are eligible to join track. Please make sure your student is cleared to participate by completing the following:
Volunteers needed for HOME track meets
The time of year when the sun comes out, it starts to warm up, and track gets into full swing is HERE!
In order to put on quality track meets here at the middle school we need your help. Don’t worry you don’t need experience,
We will train you. The following is a list of volunteer jobs:
· Timers-Be at the finish line for all races. It’s useful to have prior experience, but not necessary.
· Announcer-Announce all of the upcoming events so that athletes can be on time.
· Starter-Start each race. Previous experience is helpful.
· Long Jump Official-Measure and record jump attempts, rake the sand back into place between attempts.
· Discus Official-Assure they made legal throws. Measure and record their discus throws.
· High Jump Official-Set the high jump bar, determine if jumper clears the bar. Measure and record their heights.
· Shot Put Official– Assure they made legal throws. Measure and record their shot put throws.
Thanks so much for considering to help our track team this season. Please email me if you can help us out: Austin Wallace, Head Track Coach
Austin Wallace - Co-Head Coach
Jim Hagemann - Co-Head Coach