Flexible Spending AccountsFLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT (FSA) for health and/or dependent care (pre-tax benefit)
If you are unfamiliar with flexible spending accounts, please refer to the FSA Information sheet
and the 2021 Open Enrollment Guide
or visit the Health Equity
Must work 20 hours or more per week and a minimum of ten months per calendar year. Participation is optional.
The Flexible Spending Account (FSA) form is the only mandatory form that needs to be filled out this year. If you work more than 20 hours a week, you must complete the form. If you do not want to participate mark decline. If you are participating, you must also complete the Pre-tax Benefits Deduction Authorization form.
is the third party administrator. Visit this site and you will find videos, documents and tools to answer your questions about flexible spending accounts.
FSA accounts have mandatory enrollment each year. You must re-enroll for the 2021 flexible spending plans; renewal is not automatic. All eligible members should fill out a form indicating either (a) your contribution amounts or (b) declining participation.
2021 Contribution Limits
Direct deposit is available for flex reimbursements.
- Minimum contribution for a flexible spending account is $300 per calendar year.
- Maximum contribution for a health care flex account is $2,750 per calendar year.
- Maximum contribution for a dependent care flex account is $5,000 per calendar year.
Claims for 2020 expenses may be submitted through March 31, 2021.
- You can rollover a maximum of $550 of your 2020 FSA. An account will automatically be created for you in 2021 with the unused funds beginning on April 1st.
- Healthcare FSA accounts with a balance of more than $550 will forfeit amounts over $550.
- No rollover is available for dependent care accounts; unused contributions are forfeited.