Spaces still available in MayFaire Pick-a-Parties!
Hello Helman Dragons. Thank you for coming out in support of our children at Sunday's Mayfaire! For those that were not able to do so yet, we still have some openings in the Mayfaire pick-a-parties. If you would like to claim one of these spots for your child, please contact Becky Sniffen at email@example.com right away. Space is limited!
1. Fifth Grade Fun with Joe & Trish Twenty newly-minted Helman alums will start their summer with a bang at this fantastic pick-a-party hosted by Sheila & Darrel Jarvis and Vivian & Timo Diaz-Dygert. Joe will coach ultimate, Trish with serve up shave ice, Helman dad Jordan Saturen will teach juggling, and the hosts will cook up a classic barbecue feast. The details: Sunday, June 11 -- 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. Age recommendation: current 5th graders Cost to participate: $2o per person
2. Aloha Party with Ms. Tia (Only TWO spots left!) Twelve lucky keiki will join kindergarten teacher Ms. Tia for a lush Hawaiian–themed afternoon complete with pool party, Aloha crafts, island music and tropical snacks! Hosted by Helman parents Stephanie and Josh Stanton. The details: Saturday, June 10 - 1:00-3:30pm Age recommendation: current kinders and 1st graders Cost to participate: $20 per child
3. Barbecue with the Principal Eight lucky kids will join Principal Michelle Cuddeback at the home of Helman parents Arianna & Kevin Van Heusen for an informal barbecue followed by a movie under the stars in their enchanting back yard. Movie: PG-rated Nim’s Island The details: Saturday, June 3 - 6-9 p.m. Age recommendation: 9-11 year olds Cost to participate: $20 per child
4. Dads’ Night Out (Only TWO spots left!) BBQ, beer tasting, and 5/10/25 poker tournament: need we say more? Sign up to join in on this fun filled evening of food, cards and beers! Hosted by Helman dads Bruce Hodesson and Shaine Aazami. The details: Saturday, May 27th - 6 p.m. – LATE! Age recommendation: Dads Cost to participate: $25 per person
5. Harry Potter Trivia Party Helman parents Becky & Matt Sniffen will host eight budding wizards and witches at their home for an afternoon of Potter puzzles and Hogwartian history! Includes pumpkin juice, chocolate frogs, and other delicacies straight from Hogsmeade. Participating children must have read all seven books at least once... The details: Sunday, June 4 - 1:00-4:00 p.m. Age recommendation: 3rd-5th graders Cost to participate: $20 per child
6. Hawaiian Playdate with Ms. Valerie Six fortunate kids will join “Volcano Valerie” for an afternoon of Aloha music, tropical snacks, party games and Hawaiian crafts… including a sand art project and an explosive surprise! This party will take place in the beautiful home of Helman parents Jahna and Erik Connolly. The details: Sunday, June 4 - 1:00-4:00 p.m. Age recommendation: current 1st and 2nd graders Cost to participate: $15 per child
7. Farmyard Fun! Llamas, lambs, and chickens… oh my! Eight lucky 1st & 2nd graders can go on a farmyard adventure at Bel Avenir Farm in Ashland. Kids will meet the animals, perform some simple farm “chores”, play in the fields, and picnic under the trees. Hosted by Diane Choplin and Sarah Bernard. The details: Wednesday, June 7 - 2:00 - 4:30 p.m. Age recommendation: current 1st and 2nd graders Cost to participate: $15 per child
8. Strawberry Fields with Ms. Kelly! (Only ONE spot left!) What could be better than farm ripe strawberries? Kids who participate in this party start their day with a scavenger hunt at Ella Bella Farm in Talent, followed by strawberry picking and strawberry treat making with Ms. Kelly. Hosted by Michelle Ross & Julia Janeway. The details: Saturday, May 27 - 9 a.m. - noon Age recommendation: current 3rd & 4th graders Cost to participate: $15 per child