The first day of official practice for
fall sports will be Monday, August 18th
Football - Bosy & Girls Soccer - Volleyball Water Polo - Cross Country - Cheerleading
Before your son or daughter will be allowed to participate in practice, you must have completed the following:
. REGISTRATION / PAYMENT OF FEES
Athletes must complete the process for registration at Ashland High School and be enrolled in at least five credit classes. Students who reside outside of the Ashland city limits are required to pay a participation fee due to the Activities Levy. These fees must be paid before an athlete may participate in practice or games.
2. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION / EMERGENCY INFORMATION FORM AND INSURANCE
All athletes must have an Oregon Physical Examination
form on file in the Athletic Director’s office. Physicals are required in the 9th and 11th grades to participate in the athletic program. Physicals are available at the high school health center starting in June for fall sports, or just prior to winter and spring sport seasons. Physicals are available on August 13th and 14th for only $10. CLICK HERE
for more information. In the 10th and 12th grades, an annual Medical History
form must be completed and filed in the Athletic Director's office. ATHLETIC INSURANCE
– No student may participate in the athletic program without insurance coverage. For participants who do not have medical insurance through a family policy, the appropriate school insurance plan must be purchased in the high school’s main office.
3. ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION CONTRACT
Behavioral expectations for athletes are contained in this document. Both the athlete and his/her parent are required to read and sign the Code of Conduct and Athletic Contract
. By signing the contract, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of both the Code of Conduct and the Athletic Contract.
4. GO TO PRACTICE
Upon completion of Steps 1 2, & 3, the athletic office will notify the coach that the athlete is cleared to practice.
ONCE YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER IS CLEARED TO PLAY A FALL AND WOULD LIKE TO ALSO PLAY A WINTER OR SPRING SPORT, THEY SIMPLY SIGN UP IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE. THE PAPERWORK IS GOOD FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR
Questions? Call Athletic Office directly
Athletic Director: Karl Kemper
Athletic Secretary: TBA
STATE STANDARDS FOR ELIGIBILITY
* Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) state academic guidelines for participation in athletics:
* The student must have earned 5 credits in the previous semester. This does not apply to incoming freshman for fall and winter sports.
* The student must be enrolled in and passing 5 credits in the current semester.
* The student must be making satisfactory progress toward graduation, defined as having completed 8 credits prior to their sophomore year, 20 prior to junior year and 33 prior to senior year.
ASHLAND HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMIC POLICY
Students will be eligible to be on the team and practice based on the above state standards. However, to be eligible to participate in competition on a weekly basis, student-athletes will be required to have 5 classes in which they have a grade of “C” or better and no “F’s.” Our Academic Coaches, Allison French and Jay Preskenis, will monitor grades on a weekly basis. Students who are not meeting the standards will be required to meet with them twice weekly to work on individualized plans for improving their academic performance. In certain cases, they may allow students to play who are below the district standard but are working hard and showing satisfactory progress toward meeting standard.
Did you know that you can
of schedule changes for your
athlete's sports team?
CLICK HERE to complete a quick
registration to receive updates
via text or email