Awards and Honors
We are proud of the accomplishments of our students, teachers and staff.
Here are some recent 2008 honors received.
- U.S. News and World Report named Ashland High School in the top 2.6% of high schools in the nation, designating it a "Silver School".
For the full story from U.S. News and World Report Click Here. To find Ashland High School, click on "Search by State", then "Oregon".
- Six of this year's seven National Merit Scholar semi-finalists from the Rogue Valley came from Ashland High School.
National Merit Scholarship Program: http://www.nationalmerit.org/nmsp.php
- Ashland Middle School earned the highest rating of "Excellent" and all other Ashland schools earned ratings of "Strong" on the Oregon Report Card.
View all of Ashland School District's Oregon Department of Education Report Cards at the link below. Search for "Ashland" under "District Selection".
- Helman Elementary receives $12,000 Soroptimist grant to support math and science programs for girls
- Oregon DEQ recognized ASD for converting to green diesel in June of 2006.
This past weekend, April 3-5, over 37 AHS Theatre students participated in the 3-day festival of high school theatre-- the 2008 Oregon State Thespian Conference held this year in Medford at the Craterian Theatre and North Medford H.S. Ashland HS Theatre students took home two big plaques--one for their showcase and another for overall troupe excellence. They also won many individual event awards. Click on "The Arts" link to the left for more information.
- This year's boy's swim team finished first in the state in the swim competitions and finished first with the top team GPA (3.75). The girls swimming team tied for eighth GPA (3.58) with our dance and drill team was eighth at 3.47.