Enrollment & Registration
Registration Information for the 2014-15 School Year
2014-15 Enrollment Applications Now Being Accepted (Due by 3:00 p.m. on April 10, 2014)
Parent Informational Open House:
March 4, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at JMMS
School Tours Available:
March 3, from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
March 6, from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Please note that applicants are chosen by a lottery.
The John Muir Magnet School is designed to provide an academically challenging, constructivist-based education for students in grades K-8th with a focus on outdoor education, the natural sciences, and the arts. Magnet schools are public schools with specialized curricula that, based on their unique focus, attract specific families who support this philosophy. We hold high expectations for behavior and participation, and we hope to draw families with the same interests and priorities as listed in the educational tenets below. Please take time to learn more about our school and enrollment information by visiting our website and attending our Open House.
To register for Kindergarten, students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2014.
Please bring your child's immunization record and birth certificate to registration.
How to register
All new and returning students need to visit the school to register prior to the beginning of the school year.
- Registration form (NEW STUDENTS ONLY) - Returning students will make changes right on the form when you attend registration. New students can print and complete the form. Please read this Disclosures Form prior to signing the registration form.
- Student Health Inventory (6/7/8) - Make sure you fill out both sides and sign
- Student Health Inventory (K-5) - Make sure you fill out both sides and sign
- School Reach contact information form - Please read this information on our attendance and emergency notification system
- Application for free or reduced lunch - You can apply online by CLICKING HERE
- Fee: $20 student body fee - Cash, credit card or check made out to John Muir
- Deposit money for lunch account - Please pay separate from the school fee above
If you have moved or you are a new student you need print and complete the Verification of Ashland Residency form as well as bring both documents below to verify your address:
1. A signed and dated lease/rental or sales agreement and
2. One recent utility or financial statement
Those wanting to apply for a transfer to another school in the Ashland School District need to register at their neighborhood school and submit a Zone Transfer request. Request are decided after registration and informed of their status on Friday August 15th. Requests are based on classroom size across the district. You can view the ASD Attendance Zone map to identify your neighborhood school by using the zoom tool, which looks like a magnifying glass, to find your street.
Daily School Schedule
8:00 Students arrive at school
8:20 Classes begin and all students are in their seats
1:30 Wednesday dismissal
2:50 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday dismissal