School Board Vacancy
Position #1 of the Ashland School Board will be vacant as of December 10, 2019. Under ORS 332.030, it is the responsibility of the remaining four members of the board to appoint an Ashland citizen to serve the remaining 18 months of this term.
If you are interested in being considered for this vacancy, please review the process below and be sure to complete a Statement of Interest form, (online). Thank you!
- December 2, 2019: Board officially accepts resignation for position #1.
- December 2, 2019: Ashland School Board (BOE) heard input from community and ASD staff regarding the process and qualities desired in new board member.
- December 2, 2019: BOE discussed community input and draft process for the appointment
- December 9, 2019: BOE voted to approve process outlined below.
- December 10, 2019:
- Ashland BOE Position #1 is officially vacant.
- Approved process, Statement of Interest form, and other supporting documents are posted on ASD website.
- Anyone interested in being considered for this appointment should complete the Statement of Interest Form (online) no later than 5:00 PM January 24, 2020.
- January 22, 2020:
- “Open House” with the Ashland BOE, for anyone interested to ask questions and meet current board members.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM at the District Office (885 Siskiyou Blvd.)
- This is an informal gathering and is open to the public.
- Attendance at this open house is not required.
- January 24, 2020, 5:00 PM:
- Deadline for submission of Statement of Interest Form
- Date TBD:
- Ashland BOE will meet to vote to appoint a replacement.
- New board member will be sworn in at the next regular meeting of the BOE.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the school board, including legal requirements and expectations.
Click here for the school board policy describing board powers and duties.
Click here for the school board’s operating agreement
If you would like to be considered to fill the current vacancy in the school board, and serve the remaining 2 years of the term, please complete and submit the Statement of Interest.