1. The Local Scholarship application is available on-line each year by December. Turn in completed applications for each scholarship, along with required documents, to the Counseling Office by the deadline indicated on the Local Scholarship List.
2. If a scholarship requires an unofficial transcript, the Counseling Office can print one for you.
3. If a scholarship requires letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor, please complete a Teacher and/or Counselor Recommendation form and allow them at least one week to write your letter. It is up to the person writing the letter if they want it in a confidential envelope. If your recommendation letters are in envelopes, staple the envelope to the back of the application.
4. If selected as a scholarship recipient, Scholarship Awards Night invitations delivered in early May.
5. You will be responsible to write a thank you note to the sponsor of the scholarship. The name and address of the person/organization will be on the back of the certificate you receive on Awards Night.
6. Any scholarship money you receive will be sent to the college you designated on your Senior Survey you completed in mid-August. It is your responsibility for making sure that Ashland High School has your current school, address, email, and phone number. If we are not informed of any changes to your school or contact information, you may forfeit your scholarship if we are unable to contact you.
7. If you have questions, please visit the Counseling Office. We are ready and willing to help you.
8. Below, you will find the following information to start your scholarship application process: