Course Request Directions
2018-2019 Course scheduling information is currently being distributed to students. This year, in addition to turning in paper requests, all students will submit an online request.
Before completing the steps below, view the Scheduling Frequently Asked Questions.
STEP 1 - Paper Course Request Form:
Follow the directions below to complete the paper course request form:
- Use the following resources when choosing courses to request:
- Review the graduation requirements in your Grade level scheduling packet
- Your transcript
- Your current second semester course schedule
- AHS Diploma Requirements
- Use the “Course Guide at a Glance” in the scheduling packet to determine elective course offerings available for your grade level.
- Choose an English “selective” by filling in your first choice on the top line and two alternate English selectives in the spaces provided.
- Select elective classes needed for your grade by filling out the elective and alternate elective spaces on the back of this sheet. Indicate if the elective is a semester or year-long class.
- Think ahead- what will you still need for year after next to stay on track for meeting graduation requirements?
- What classes will you need to get accepted at the college of your choice?
- Use the comment box to give counselors more information (if needed)
STEP 2 - Online Request Submission:
Online requests are submitted through you or your student's PowerSchool account. To login to PowerSchool, CLICK HERE.
Step by step instructions are available in the Online Course Request "How To" Guide.