PD Process with ASD
Process for Accessing Professional Development Funding
1. If professional development requests will require funding, fill out the Professional Development Funding Request Form
, located in the Form Bank on the PD Webpage accessed through the ASD website and in the “Support Materials” portion of this toolkit. Submit application to principal for approval and principal will then forward signed document to PDPC, copying the teacher in the email.
2. Principals will submit the request electronically to email@example.com
within the required timeline. The subject line of the email should read “Grant Funding Request.”
3. PDPC will send an email verifying receipt of application.
4. At pre-determined monthly meetings, the PDPC will review and respond to requests for funding. PDPC reserves the right to deny requests or ask for additional clarification. If your request is denied or requires additional clarification, you will be asked to appeal or adjust your request. The PDPC Review Process includes a panel of PDPC Committee members sharing the responsibility of this decision making process.
5. Complete follow-up reflection
and include as evidence in your portfolio. Provide the PDPC with a copy of reflection.
6. Follow through on plan to share learning with fellow educators and integrate new learning into sustained practice.
First application deadline is January 14, 2015
Second application deadline is Febrary 11, 2015
Examples of Funding Request Opportunities
PD Informational Flyer