STEP 1. REGISTRATION / PAYMENT OF FEES
Athletes must complete the process for registration online at FamilyID.
FamilyID is a secure registration site that provides an easy, user-friendly means of registering for athletics. You will need to create a family profile just once during your studentís 4-year high school athletics participation. Once registered, the system will keep track of your information in your family profile. By saving your information future registrations will be simplified when you register each year. Students who reside outside of the Ashland city limits are required to pay a participation fee due to the Activities Levy. These fees must be paid before an athlete may participate in practice or games.
It will be helpful to have the following information on hand when completing the online registration form.
- Health Insurance Information (Carrier and Policy Number)
- Doctor Information (Name and Phone Number)
- Emergency contact information
For more detailed instructions on how to register using FamilyID, CLICK HERE.
STEP 2. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION / EMERGENCY INFORMATION FORM AND INSURANCE
STEP 3. ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION CONTRACT
- 9th and 11th grade student athletes must be cleared by a physician in order to participate in high school sports. The OSAA School Sports Pre-Participation Examination form is required and good for two years. In the 10th and 12th grade parents must fill out the Medical History form, which is part of the FamilyID online registration.
- A completed physical examination is required dated after June 10, 2016.
Behavioral expectations for athletes are contained in this document. Both the athlete and his/her parent are required to read and sign the Code of Conduct and Athletic Contract. By signing the contract, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of both the Code of Conduct and the Athletic Contract. The Code of Conduct and Athletic Contract is part of the online registration process in Step 1.
CLUB SPORTS: Participants of club sports are required to have a Hold Harmless Agreement on file. This is included in the online registration process in Step 1.
STEP 4. GO TO PRACTICE
Upon completion of Steps 1 2, & 3, the athletic office will notify the coach that the athlete is cleared to practice.
STEP 5. IMPACT CONCUSSION BASELINE TESTING:
Every incoming 9th grader or new student is required to test before they will be eligible to compete in any contests. Retesting is required every 2 years. Impact testing is done by our athletic trainer. Dates to be announced.