Track & Field
The 2020 Spring track season is starting soon!
Track Schedule (updated 2/19/2020)
March 12th: Informational Meeting in the Middle Gym @ 3:15 p.m.
All 6th-8th graders are eligible to join track. Please make sure your student is cleared to participate by completing the following:
$10 Sports Physicals are available to AMS students at the Ashland High Health Center. They are open every school day from 7:45—3:30. Call 541-482-7677 to make an appointment.
Volunteers needed for HOME track meets
March 17th: Practices start 3:15-4:45 p.m. Monday-Friday
The time of year when the sun comes out, it starts to warm up, and track gets into full swing is HERE!
In order to put on quality track meets here at the middle school we need your help. Don’t worry you don’t need experience,
We will train you. The following is a list of volunteer jobs:
· Timers-Be at the finish line for all races. It’s useful to have prior experience, but not necessary.
· Recorder-Record the places and times of each race at the finish line.
· Scorekeeper-Process the results for race and field events, keep track of times/finishes, provide current team scores.
· Announcer-Announce all of the upcoming events so that athletes can be on time.
· Starter-Start each race. Previous experience is helpful.
· Long Jump Official-Measure and record jump attempts, rake the sand back into place between attempts.
· Discus Official-Assure they made legal throws. Measure and record their discus throws.
· High Jump Official-Set the high jump bar, determine if jumper clears the bar. Measure and record their heights.
· Shot Put Official– Assure they made legal throws. Measure and record their shot put throws.
Thanks so much for considering to help our track team this season. Please email me if you can help us out: Jim Hagemann, Head Track Coach
Jim Hagemann - Head Coach