Superintendent Announces Entry Plan
Superintendent Entry Plan
Excellent leadership requires vision, collaboration, communication and commitment. As the Ashland School District superintendent, I will inspire others and capitalize on their strengths as we work together to meet our Board goals to:
- Improve student achievement K-12 and ensure student success after graduation.
- Recruit, retain and support high-performing teachers and administrators.
- Ensure the consistent, equitable use of district resources to improve efficiency and safety of our schools.
I aim to authentically engage all stakeholders in order to build strong relationships and collaboration between schools, families and the community in supporting educational outcomes for all students.
This plan is a starting place for me to learn more about the Ashland School District culture, individuals and the community in order to:
- Discover the strengths and needs of our students, staff and community.
- Assess the district’s strengths and challenges and explore opportunities for improvement.
- Create a caring and cooperative culture.
- Develop authentic relationships with our stakeholders.
- Establish a network of contacts and resources that will support our school system.
Phases of Implementation
Phase I: Pre-Entry
(Spring/ Early Summer 2017)
Before my official start date in July, I spent time discovering Ashland and getting to know and learning
Phase II Part A: Listening and Learning Part B: Collaborating and Assessing
(July – December 2017)
As superintendent, I will strengthen relationships with all stakeholders to foster trust and advocacy. My aim is to clearly hear what is important to the community, understand possible choices and then make sound decisions, keeping positivity and a sense of humor at the forefront.
Phase III: Engaging and Planning
(January – July 2018)
Superintendent will communicate a summary of my findings from Phases 1 and 2 of this entry plan, in order to inform and partner with stakeholders as we collaborate to develop a Strategic Plan.
Calendar of Superintendent Raymond's Meetings & Activities
See how you can meet with Superintendent Raymond by clicking the calendar image below to view her schedule of entry plan meetings and activities.
Empowering students to be lifelong learners, responsible citizens and stewards of the world
Ashland School District