As we continue to monitor and adjust whether to hold practice and/or games, we will continue to follow the latest OSAA guidelines for making these decisions, using the 24-hour Air Quality Index reading as our guide:
That being said, we have made the decision to cancel the Frosh-Soph football game with Summit that was scheduled for tonight.
On Friday, we are hoping that the forecast for possible rain and cooler weather will bring the AQI down. We are planning to host Summit, as scheduled, 7:00 on Friday night, air quality permitting. We will make a decision mid-day with the best information available whether to have them get on the bus to head our way, erring on the side of caution.
If we do not play on Friday, we will make a contingency plan for Saturday that will be one of the following, based on the smoke/weather forecast, in order of our preference:
Play at Ashland
Play at Summit
Play at Lakeview
Cancel the game
If we are cancelled on Friday, we will make the decision regarding where the game will be played on Saturday and do our best to get the word out.
****Any of those among you who help us to make an event happen who might be willing to make a road trip Saturday if we get postponed and re-located, please let us know J***
We appreciate your patience, flexibility, and support as we work through our current challenges, which are unprecedented to this level.